EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013 | Scientific Awards Winners
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Annual Congress Istanbul 2013 , EFORT awarded the three best free papers from the congress’ free paper sessions. And the winners are:
Prospective randomized multicentric trial comparing a static implant and a dynamic implant in the surgical treatment of ankle syndesmosis rupture.
By Stephane Pelet (Canada) | eScience 2013 session online (webcast)
Experimental tendon regeneration of rotator cuff tears with autologous tenocytes and a biodegradable collagen-based scaffold in sheep model – First results.
By Björn Peter Roßbach (Germany) | eScience 2013 session online (webcast)
The Subjective Outcome of Distal Radius Fractures as Measured by DASH Over a Ten-Year Period 2002-2011.
By Marcus Landgren (Sweden)
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Annual Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the ten best e-posters. EFORT is proud to announce the winners as follows:
- Synovial chondrosarcoma arising in primary synovial chondromatosis: A tertiary unit experience.
By Scott Evans | United Kingdom
- Subcutaneously Administered Exenatide (a Glucagon Like Peptide-1 Analogue) On The Recovery Of Nerve In A Rat Sciatic Nerve Damage Model.
By Ersin Kuyucu | Turkey
- Long-term follow-up after successful treatment of Dupuytren’s contracture with collagenase Clostridium histolyticum: patterns of recurrence 3 years later.
By F. Thomas D. Kaplan | USA
- Expression of Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) responsive genes in paravertebral muscles of Juvenile and Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
By Roman Nowak | Poland
- What causes the decreased dislocation rate of larger femoral heads in total hip arthroplasty? Range of Motion, Jump Distance or Stability due to atmospheric pressure? An experimental study.
By Torsten Prietzel | Germany
- The Outcome of revised Resurfacing Arthroplasty.
By Stephen Ellis Graves | Australia
- Trends in patient physical activity before and after primary THA.
By Anne Lübbeke | Switzerland
- Elective Knee replacement related litigation in the UK: Patient safety in surgery.
By Vishal Patel | United Kingdom
- Influence of femoral block on quadriceps strength recovery (QSR) after total knee replacement.
By Stéphane Pelet | Canada
- The introduction of an orthogeriatric service to a large teaching hospital Improves outcomes for elderly patients with a proximal femoral fracture.
By Mark Thomas Roger Gaden | United Kingdom
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Annual Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the best presentation. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- The analysis of hip fracture management after the introduction of “Fast track” scheme.
By Rasa Valaviciene | Lithuania
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Annual Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the best free paper of the Tribology Day. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- Comparing large diameter Metal-on-Metal and Ceramic-on-Ceramic Total hip replacement.
By Tiago Barbosa | Portugal
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
A congress is always as good as its presentations are. In this regard the EFORT congress can ever rely on the experts all over Europe and even worldwide.
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards are selected among the many high-quality abstracts submitted to the congress. Among the traditional Free Paper and Jacques Duparc (poster) Awards, in 2018 EFORT introduced the Michael Freeman Award. The latter was created in memory of Professor Michael Freeman, one of the founding fathers of EFORT and EFORT President 1994 to 1995, to honor his lifetime contribution to both the European and the International Orthopaedic Community after he passed away in September 2017.