EFORT Congress Geneva 2016 | Scientific Awards Winners
The Free Paper Awards recognize the three best-rated free paper submissions.The winning submissions received a certificate during the congress and a monetary prize of € 3,000 for gold, € 2,000 for silver and € 1,000 for bronze.
The winning papers of the 17th EFORT Congress Geneva 2016 are:
- Cumulative 30-Year Follow-Up After Bernese Periacetabular Osteotomy
By Till Lerch (Switzerland) | EFORT eScience 2016 Audio Presentation
- Low Back Surgery Prior To Total Hip Replacement Is Associated With Worse Patient-Reported Outcomes
By Ted Eneqvist (Sweden) | EFORT eScience 2016 Audio Presentation
- Focus On Diabetic Foot Neuroarthropathy: Autoimmunity And Charcot Disease
By Raffaele Vitiello (Italy) | EFORT eScience 2016 Audio Presentation
The 10 best-rated poster abstracts of the 17th EFORT Congress Geneva 2016 are:
- Proximal Humerus Replacement With The Mutars System Following Resection Of Primary Or Secondary Bone Tumors – A Systematic Analysis Of The Reasons For Prosthetic Failure.
By Dimosthenis Andreou (Germany)
- Long Term Results Following Large Diameter Metal-On-Metal Total Hip Arthroplasty – Increasing Failure Rates After 6 Years.
By Deepak Shivarathre (United Kingdom)
- Temporal Trends In Hip Fracture Incidence, Mortality And Co-Morbidity – A Study On The Danish Population From 1996-2012.
By Christopher Jantzen (Denmark)
- How Many Scans Do Novices Need To Reach Competency In Ultrasound Imaging In Detecting Rotator Cuff Pathologies.
By Kyoung H. Koh (South Korea)
- Reconstruction Of The Distal Tibia Following Resection Of Aggressive Bone Lesions Using A Custom-Made Megaprostheses.
By Scott Evans (United Kingdom)
- Proper Site Of Steroid Injection For The Treatment Of Idiopathic Frozen Shoulder: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
By Chul-Hyun Cho (South Korea)
- Hip Dislocation Prevention In Obese Patients: Dual Mobility Liner And Constrained Liners Versus Preoperative Bariatric Surgery.
By Philippe Hernigou and Charles H. Flouzat Lachaniette (France)
- Allografts In Children Aged Under 10 Years Old After Resection Of Malignant Long Bone Tumors: Mid To Long-Term Follow-Up
By Alfonso Vaquero-Picado and Eugenio Ferrer-Santacreu (Spain)
- Enhanced Biocompatibility Of Co-Cr Alloy By Titanium Powder Coating Using 3D Metal Printing.
By Young W. Lim (South Korea)
- Peri-Operative Outcomes Following Same-Day Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty: Does Approach Matter?
By Lazaros Poultsides (United States)
The Allied Professions Award is given to the best-rated allied profession paper. The winner receives an award stipend of EUR 500 and a certificate during the congress. At the 17th EFORT Congress Geneva 2016, the winner is:
The Trauma Award represents the best-scored abstract submitted on trauma, with the winner receiving a grant of €1,000 and a certificate. The winner of the 17th EFORT Congress Geneva 2016 is:
- Risk Factors For The Development Of Deep Infection Following Hip Fracture Surgery: Analysis Of 2,822 Consecutive Patients.
By Richard Holleyman (United Kingdom)
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
A congress is always as good as its presentations are. In this regard the EFORT congress can ever rely on the experts all over Europe and even worldwide.
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards are selected among the many high-quality abstracts submitted to the congress. Among the traditional Free Paper and Jacques Duparc (poster) Awards, in 2018 EFORT introduced the Michael Freeman Award. The latter was created in memory of Professor Michael Freeman, one of the founding fathers of EFORT and EFORT President 1994 to 1995, to honor his lifetime contribution to both the European and the International Orthopaedic Community after he passed away in September 2017.