CME Credits 2019
How to obtain your CME credits at the congress?
The 20th EFORT Congress 2019 in Lisbon has been granted for a maximum of 18 European CME credits (ECMEC) by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).
Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
The EACCME® credit system for the 20th EFORT congress is based as following:
- Wednesday 05 June 2019 > Max. of 5 credits
- Thursday 06 June 2019 > Max. of 7 credits
- Friday 07 June 2019 > Max. of 6 credits
The EACCME® awards ECMEC®s on the basis of 1 ECMEC for one hour of CME with a maximum of 8 ECMEC®s per day. Cf. Chapter X of UEMS 2016.20
Regulations require scanning in and out of each session to collect the total amount of hours the medical specialist attended into the scientific programme as part of the educational activity of the congress. Industry-Sponsored Symposia are not subject to CME accreditation and therefore do not count in the total of hours spent in the educational activity.
What is the process?
1) First step: Be ready
- Download the EFORT 2019 Congress Mobile App – Search for EFORT 2019 in your application store for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and/or Android systems and download the App!
Note: The EFORT 2019 App will be available as of 29 May 2019
- Select “CME Credits” menu in the App and enter your badge ID number.
- Confirm or amend your contact details (first name, last name, email).
2) Second step: Track your educational activity
- Scan your badge walking in and out of each scientific session room.
- Fill in the survey feedback for the attended sessions.
3) Final step: Download your CME certificate at the end of the congress
In Lisbon, a CME column will be located at the entrance of each scientific session to allow you to scan your badge.
A CME helpdesk counter will be located at the registration area to support you with all your related scanning and Mobile App enquiries.