EFORT Invited Speakers
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the scheduled times according to the programme.
- Only computer projection will be available. No overhead or slide projectors will be available in the meeting rooms, and it will not be possible to use personal laptops.
- Speakers are kindly requested to use PowerPoint MS Office (Windows or Mac) with slide size set as Widescreen 16:9. Presentations prepared with Keynote and Prezi can also be accepted but additional technical support might be required on-site. Authors in this situation should anticipate an earlier upload of the material at the Speakers Preview Center. The uploading of DVD movies is NOT supported.
- We recommend using “.gif” and “.jpg” formats for images. Other types of extension are accepted but prior advice from our technical team on-site is required. Please send a detailed request to email@example.com before preparing the presentation.
- MPEG2 is the preferred format for embedded movies, but *.avi, *.wmv are also accepted. If Codecs are used, the Code package DIVx in the current version should be chosen. This can be found at www.divx.com. Confirm that all the necessary files are in the SAME FOLDER as your presentation.
- Use large fonts (the minimum font size should be 18 points). If you cannot fit all your subjects on a slide without moving to a smaller font, break the points up onto separate slides.
- Confirm that your presentation contains only standard fonts. For cross-platform compatibility, the use of Times Roman, Arial, Verdana is advised. Some other fonts may not transfer properly from your computer to the system used for presentation.
- Limit each slide to one main idea with three to six points. If more than six points (bullets) are included in one slide, your audience will have difficulties to read it.
- The use of USB pens or memory sticks is advisable to upload presentations easily at the AV Preview Centre.
- Enclosure of a disclaimer at the bottom of the ending slide (Acknowledgement, Summary, or Question & Answer Session slide) is recommended. One of the following disclaimers should be stated in the presentation, depending on the situation of the authors:
- The author declares that the research for and communication of this independent body of work does not constitute any financial or other conflict of interest, or
- The author declares that a conflict of interest exists in respect of this work owing to his/her duties as [position] for [company name], and the potential subsequent financial ties arising from this position (including payment for current or future research, ownership of stock and stock options, fees for advice or public speaking, consulting, service on advisory boards or for medical training companies, and receipt of patents or patents pending).
- Electronic material for presentations is uploaded directly at the congress venue, at the Speaker Preview Centre on the following schedule:
- Tuesday 04 June – from 14.00 to 18.00
- Wednesday 05 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Thursday 06 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Friday 07 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Technical assistance will be provided and material can be edited/updated at working stations on-site. Certificates for oral presentations are delivered on site once the presentation upload has been performed.
- Pre-upload of presentation will be available from mid-May 2019. All confirmed presenting authors will receive an email with the guidelines for online pre-upload. Pre-upload on this platform is not mandatory but recommended in order to avoid queuing at the Speaker Preview Centre on site.
- If you are giving more than one speech during the Congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to the corresponding session hall at the time of your session.
- For any further information please contact EFORT Scientific Coordination at: Tel. +41 21 343 44 05 | Fax +41 21 343 44 11 | e-mail: SciCom@efort.org
In the recent years, EFORT has invested many efforts to promote a lively interaction between participants and the Faculty panel of our congress scientific sessions.
Several session formats follow an interactive pattern, integrating one or several voting round(s).
The electronic voting will be available through the participant’s mobile devices, by using the “Interactive session” function within the EFORT Congress App.
Therefore, we strongly recommend all participants to download the EFORT Congress App before attending the session(s). On site, the moderator(s) of each session should remind the audience the importance of having the App installed beforehand.
Briefly, the mobile voting system is integrated into the presentation management system and the voting itself will be activated through the speakers’ presentation slides. Each speaker has been asked to include his/her voting question(s) directly in the PowerPoint presentation and have them activated on-site at the Speaker Preview Centre the day before the session. Technicians will brief each speaker, activate and revise all questions to make sure everything will run smoothly.
In the session room, each speaker will control his/her presentation and the voting process. Once a question slide appears, the speaker needs to click on the button “Start voting”. The audience will have 20 seconds to vote via the App. As soon as the time has elapsed, the answers (as a percentage) will appear on the presentation and on the projection screen.
The Faculty panel will have the possibility to comment/discuss the result of each voting if desired.
If you are part of an interactive session, specific guidelines have been sent to you in order to help you integrate your questions in your presentation.
If you have any technical questions related to mobile voting or your presentation, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.