Educational Grants 2019
We are pleased to announce that this year we have received some educational grant support from industry subject to certain criteria. Specifically, only applicants that have completed the EFORT Fellowship supported by MEDACTA may apply.
IMPORTANT: Before applying to a grant, we highly recommend you read carefully the benefits, any criteria to be fulfilled, the timeline available as well as the terms and conditions, where the latter outlines key information about the grant application process.
What you need to do to apply for this grant?
- Access the online web form at: https://www.efort.org/accounts-login
(please be informed that this account will be the same used in order to register to the congress).
- Create your account or in case you have already logged into this platform, use your existing credentials.
If needed, please reset your password by clicking on the “here” button. You will receive an email with a new password.
- Click on the 20th EFORT Congress square button and then click on the Grant Application button.
- Then complete the application process.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Thank you to Medacta for their additional educational support with this Educational grant for past, present and current applications relating to EFORT/MEDACTA Alumni.
The EFORT Educational Grant covers the registration fee for the 20thEFORT Annual Congress in Lisbon 2019, the flight to the Annual Congress city and hotel accommodation. These three elements are compulsory and there is no possibility to only apply for one service.
Benefits at a glance:
- Registration fee
- Accommodation booked by EFORT – up to 3 nights maximum, in a predefined hotel booked by EFORT
- Flights booked by EFORT through travel agency
The maximum grant per person is €1500.
Criteria to be fulfilled:
- EFORT/MEDACTA Alumni Fellow (must have attended an EFORT/Medacta visiting fellowship in the past).
- Applications must be made in English.
- 45 years old or younger (proof of age, a clear copy of your ID or passport).
- Letter of consent/leave of absence from hospital administration to attend 20th EFORT Congress.
- Cannot be a member of the EFORT Executive committee and/or subcommittees at the time of the application.
Residents’ applications must be submitted by latest Wednesday 24 April, 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
You will be informed as soon as possible if your application was accepted.
If the application is accepted, you have by latest until Monday 06 May 16:00 Central European Time (CET) to register to the congress.
Failure to register within the allocated time will result in the grant being cancelled and the applicant will not be able to re-apply for any other available grants.
These terms and conditions apply to each individual applying for an EFORT Educational Grant as part of the Annual Congress. By applying to any proposed EFORT Educational Grants, the applicant expresses agreement with the terms and conditions as outlined below.
- EFORT Educational Grants
EFORT Educational Grants are offered toward participants’ attendance to the EFORT Annual Congress. Grants are available subject to funds provided by the various industry partners. These grants are not from EFORT, they are kindly provided by industry partners and thus dependent on any conditions specified by those same industry partners.
- What does an EFORT Educational Grant offer?
The EFORT Educational Grant covers the EFORT Annual registration fee based on the registration category applicable, the flight to the Annual Congress city and hotel accommodation. These three elements are compulsory and there is no possibility to only apply for one service.
- Conditions to apply for an EFORT Educational Grant
There are various grants available subject to funds provided by the various industry partners. The applicant needs to carefully read the conditions that apply to each category before applying for the specific grant. Conditions such as age, country of residence and letter of leave/consent from hospital administration may apply alongside other conditions.
- Exclusion to apply for an EFORT Educational Grant
The applicants cannot be an active member of EFORT Executive committee and/or EFORT subcommittees at the time of the application.
- Confirmation of application granted conditions
Once an EFORT Educational Grant has been granted, the applicant will be notified and he/she will have a limited time to register to the EFORT Annual Congress. Failure to register within the allocated time will result in the grant being cancelled and he/she will not be able to re-apply for any other available grants.
- Travel and accommodation bookings conditions
For the applicant who has been confirmed a grant, the following travel and accommodation conditions apply:
- The flights or train bookings can only be done by the official EFORT Travel Agency (BTA Lausanne). The BTA travel agency will contact directly the applicant to organise his/her travel. No reimbursement are made for direct flight bookings made by the applicant directly. Flight changes after the e-ticket has been issued are charged directly to the applicant.
- Hotel accommodation has been booked in a preselected hotel for a maximum number of nights depending on the grant category. The applicant would have to stay in the preselected hotel, no changes are possible.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall in all respects be governed by Swiss law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary courts of Lausanne, Switzerland.