Specialty Societies Sessions Vienna 2023
Meet your peers who share the interest of your specialty!
We have always considered collaboration as key and we believe that in future it will be crucially important while we walk our way to adapted formats of face-to-face meetings.
As the largest cross-border meeting in Europe we want to create a learning environment based on exchange and crosstalk among the multidisciplinary of Orthopaedics & Traumatology specialties.
Teaming up with specialty societies provides another perspective of O&T topics with curated sessions from societies proposing either an approach covering special interest groups, or highlighting the transversality within O&T or even focusing on a topic of its own in alignment with the respective core subspecialty.
With this 3-fold segmentation we hope to give the delegate appetite to navigate through the programme and choose sessions from another angle, with the objective to enhance the journey of your continuing medical education as well as your professional development.
Sessions confirmed* and/or proposed to date by our partnering specialty societies for the EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2023:
- ARTOF - Association for the Rational Treatment of Fractures | Severe Trauma of the Proximal Tibia - Management Options.
- EBJIS - European Bone and Joint Infection Society | New management concepts in the field of Fracture- Related Infection.
- EHS - European Hip Society | Hip Joint conservative treatments.
- EKS - European Knee Society | Innovation in complex primary and revision knee surgery.
- EORS - European Orthopaedic Research Society | Personalised Implants in Orthopaedic Joint Replacement – Novel Technologies and Treatment Options.
- EPOS - European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society | Paediatric trauma in 21st century.
- ESPA - European Society of Pelvis and Acetabulum | Open pelvic Fractures and vascular lesions:
- ESTROT - European Society of Tissue Regenaration in Orthopaedics and Traumatology | Stem Cells and regenerative therapies: -Harvesting of stem cells: How I do it?
- EUROSPINE - The Spine Society of Europe | Adult Spinal Deformity.
- FESSH - Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand | Distal Radius Fractures.
- ISLASS - International Society of Laser and Percutaneous Procedures in Spinal Surgery | Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery. Indications, results and pitfalls.
- SECEC - European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow | The Degenerative Elbow
The European specialty societies represent each of the main areas of clinical practice in orthopaedics & traumatology. Every orthopaedic and trauma surgeon in Europe will align themselves with one or more specialty society and look to their specialty society(ies) for the most up to date education, research and professional guidance in that area of practice.
EFORT and the specialty societies therefore complement each other’s activities.
As the body representing the National Associations EFORT is well positioned to lead on matters crossing specialty boundaries, taking advice from the specialty societies and synthesising to act on behalf of the body of orthopaedic & trauma specialists across Europe. Similarly, EFORT works with the National Associations on matters related to standards and delivery of training & education across the general fields.
Together this confers enormous strength, particularly when negotiating across medical specialties or with government and political organisations.
- Who should attend specialty sessions: fully qualified generalist orthopaedic surgeon.
- Learning objective: receiving specialty updates, and where specialists can share cutting edge education whilst receiving updates in their own non-specialty areas of practice.
* subject to change without prior notice