Posters Guidelines content
Presentation of Posters can be based on preliminary results and correspond to short studies or trials. High scientific level is expected in any case.
- Authors are welcome to add images, tables and detailed data to better document their work.
- All abstracts accepted as Posters will be presented at the Congress as wall paper posters in a large display area within the EFORT Congress Exhibition Area.
- EFORT does not undertake any action for the printing of accepted Posters.
- The availability of the correct print poster version on-site is totally under the presenting author’s responsibility.
- Pre-upload of the electronic version of each Poster is mandatory to receive a physical space for display. Please consult the Presentation Delivery Guidelines.
- Poster Walks Sessions group the 10 best rated posters of each topic and require the presence of the corresponding presenting author in front of his/her Poster during the whole schedule of 90 minutes.
- Authors will be required to explain their results during 5 minutes and reply to one question from the examiner. Should the presenter not be in his position, the Poster will not be evaluated.
- From all the presentations of the same Poster Walk, the best discussion will receive a special distinction (certificate and award ribbon).
Please note that not all posters will be selected to be orally presented during a Poster Walk. Authors will receive specific guidelines regarding each Poster.
- Posters should be prepared under a single slide PowerPoint® file with a portrait DIN A0 format in vertical display.
- Please consult the document with our Guidelines for poster format (PDF document, 1page, 245kb).
- Only posters under the correct format and orientation will be displayed on site.
All Posters correctly validated will be included in the scientific programme of the 22nd EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2021.
The presentation of validated Posters will require 2 mandatory steps:
- Upload of the electronic version of the poster on our portal from April 2021.
- Bring a print version of the poster to the congress venue in Vienna.
Please also note that:
- Every poster will be displayed only during one day: a rotation of Posters displayed will apply on site.
- The 30 Best Posters, will compete for the Jacques Duparc Award. Authors of these selected 30 Posters will be informed on how to integrate the competition.
- Two types of on-site presentations can apply to Posters:
- Posters accepted within Poster Walks – Authors are required to stay in front of their Poster and explain their results during 5 minutes to an examiner in their field.
- Posters accepted within Poster Sessions – Authors are NOT required to stay in front of their Poster but EFORT strongly recommends all authors to be active during the discussions within the Poster Session schedules.
All authors will receive the information regarding the final type of each accepted Poster.
For any further information please contact EFORT Scientific Coordination at: Tel. +41 21 343 44 05 | Fax +41 21 343 44 11 | e-mail: SciCom@efort.org