EFORT Congress 2021 | Clinical Reports Guidelines
Speakers with abstracts accepted as Clinical reports are invited to pre-record a 3-minutes presentation which will be streamed during a specific schedule within the congress dates. They should refer to ONE SINGLE clinical case (or a maximum of 3 related clinical cases) presenting scientific value for the use of a specific treatment or technique. The suggested structure is as follows:
- Presentation of case (1 to 2 slides)
- Problem to face (1 slide)
- Solutions (1 to 2 slides)
- Speakers are requested to use PowerPoint MS Office for Windows or Mac (*pptx) with slide size set as Widescreen 16:9.
- Videos can be linked or embedded but DVD movies are NOT supported. MPEG2 is the preferred format for embedded movies, but *.avi, *.wmv are also accepted.
- All the necessary files will need to be saved in the SAME FOLDER as your presentation for upload.
- Hyperlinks to external websites will NOT work.
- We recommend using “.gif” and “.jpg” formats for images. Other types of extension are accepted but prior advice from our technical team is required. Please contact the EFORT team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use large fonts (the minimum size recommended is 16 points) and prioritize the use of standard fonts like Times Roman, Arial or Verdana. Some other fonts may not transfer properly from your computer to the system used for presentation.
- Please do not include sensitive data in your presentation.
Please note, the exact presentation length is 3-minutes for each speaker. The presentation length is strict and speech should not exceed the time assigned. To prepare your pre-recorded slide set, you can use the MS PowerPoint narration function. Detailed guidelines will be included in this section at a later stage.
Enclosure of one of the following COI disclaimers in the ending slide (Summary or Acknowledgement slide) is recommended according to each situation:
- The author declares that the research for and communication of this independent body of work does not constitute any financial or other conflict of interest.
- The author declares that a conflict of interest exists in respect of this work owing to his/her duties as [position] for [company name], and the potential subsequent financial ties arising from this position (including payment for current or future research, ownership of stock and stock options, fees for advice or public speaking, consulting, service on advisory boards or for medical training companies, and receipt of patents or patents pending).
It is not mandatory for speakers with abstracts accepted as Clinical Reports to be connected to the webcast platform specifically during their presentation schedule(s) but it is highly recommended to be available to intervene LIVE during the discussion periods at the end of all abstract-based sessions. Speakers will also be able to exchange with moderators through a Q&As feature available on the platform.
All presentations should be prepared upfront and uploaded through a personal link before the congress dates (deadline and details of the process to be communicated at a later stage). During the upload process, you will be requested to upload a portrait photo of yourself. Presentations sent by email WILL NOT be accepted.
Speakers must guarantee that all the content of their presentation(s) can be shown online during a live session as well as for any on-demand version that might be available after the congress dates (Replay).
Sensitive date will not be accepted.
For any question or further information please contact the EFORT team at email@example.com.