Free Papers Guidelines
Oral presentation of Free Papers are expected to have very high scientific quality and should correspond to complete studies with outstanding results and innovative conclusions.
The work needs to be scheduled for 5 minutes of presentation (maximum 10 slides). A discussion of 10 minutes will be held after each 4 presentations.
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the scheduled times according to the programme.
- Only computer projection will be available. No overhead or slide projectors will be available in the meeting rooms, and it will not be possible to use personal laptops.
- Speakers are kindly requested to use PowerPoint MS Office (Windows or Mac) with slide size set as Widescreen 16:9. Presentations prepared with Keynote and Prezi can also be accepted but additional technical support might be required on-site. Authors in this situation should anticipate an earlier upload of the material at the Speakers Preview Center. The uploading of DVD movies is NOT supported.
- We recommend using “.gif” and “.jpg” formats for images. Other types of extension are accepted but prior advice from our technical team on-site is required. Please send a detailed request to SciCom@efort.org before preparing the presentation.
- MPEG2 is the preferred format for embedded movies, but *.avi, *.wmv are also accepted. If Codecs are used, the Code package DivX in the current version should be chosen. This can be found at www.divx.com.
- Confirm that all the necessary files are in the SAME FOLDER as your presentation.
- Use large fonts (the minimum font size should be 18 points). If you cannot fit all your subjects on a slide without moving to a smaller font, break the points up onto separate slides.
- Confirm that your presentation contains only standard fonts. For cross-platform compatibility, the use of Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana is advised. Some other fonts may not transfer properly from your computer to the system used for presentation.
- Limit each slide to one main idea with three to six points. If more than six points (bullets) are included in one slide, your audience will have difficulties to read it. We recommend 5 to 7 slides for a five-minute free paper.
- The use of USB pens or memory sticks is advisable to upload presentations easily at the AV Preview Centre.
- Enclosure of a disclaimer at the bottom of the ending slide (Acknowledgment, Summary, or Question & Answer Session slide) is recommended. One of the following disclaimers should be stated in the presentation, depending on the situation of the authors:
- The author declares that the research for and communication of this independent body of work does not constitute any financial or other conflict of interest, or
- The author declares that a conflict of interest exists in respect of this work owing to his/her duties as [position] for [company name], and the potential subsequent financial ties arising from this position (including payment for current or future research, ownership of stock and stock options, fees for advice or public speaking, consulting, service on advisory boards or for medical training companies, and receipt of patents or patents pending).
All Free Papers correctly validated will be included in the scientific programme of the 21st EFORT Annual Congress Vienna.
Electronic material for presentations is uploaded directly at the congress venue, at the Speaker Preview Centre on the following schedule:
- Tuesday 09 June 2020 – from 14.00 to 18.00
- Wednesday 10 June 2020 – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Thursday 11 June 2020 – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Friday 12 June 2020 – from 07.00 to 18.00
Technical assistance will be provided and material can be edited/updated at working stations on-site. Certificates for oral presentations are delivered on site once the presentation upload has been performed.
Pre-upload of presentation will be available from mid-May 2020. All confirmed presenting authors will receive an email with the guidelines for online pre-upload. Pre-upload on this platform is not mandatory but recommended in order to avoid queuing at the Speaker Preview Centre on site.
If you are giving more than one speech during the Congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to the corresponding session hall at the time of your session.
For any further information please contact EFORT Scientific Coordination at: Tel. +41 21 343 44 05 | Fax +41 21 343 44 11 | e-mail: SciCom@efort.org